Episode #85 – March 26, 2010
(Episode length: 27 minutes, 32 seconds)
- How to interact on Twitter: Include www.HubSpot.tv in your tweet! On the show today is Mike Volpe (@mvolpe), Karen Rubin (@karenrubin) and Erin Weed (@erinweed)
- As always, all the old episodes are in iTunes: http://itunes.hubspot.tv If you like the show, please leave a review!
Surprise Guest! – David Meerman Scott
Special Guest – Erin Weed
Nestle Faces Social Media Terrorism
- Nestle’s Fan Page
- Nestle / Facebook / Greenpeace timeline (in process)
- Crisis Planning: Prepare Your Company For Social Media Attacks
- Marketing Takeaway: Proactively monitor trends to prevent potential social media attacks.
- Marketing Takeaway 2: Think about multi layered social media campaigns, like Greenpeace, to make a bigger splash.
Twitter Is a Popularity Contest
- Finally, Twitter Search to Rank Tweets by Popularity
- Marketing Takeaway: To become more visible in search engines, get on the social media train!
Google Allows Users to Block Tracking
- Cookies under fire as regulators move in
- Marketing Takeaway: Pay attention to this trend. It could vastly affect your marketing measurement in the future.
Marketing Tip of the Week: Don’t get caught with your guard down – pay attention to online conversations so your company is not the victim of a surprise attack.
Connect with HubSpot:
- HubSpot TV – Facebook Features and Email Fun with Guest Co-host @Ellieeille
- HubSpot TV – Retweet Treats with Guest Dan Zarrella
- HubSpot TV – Enterprise 2.0 with Guest Andrew McAfee
- HubSpot TV – Facebook Halloween Horror with Guest Paul Dunay
- HubSpot TV – Conversation and Reputation with Guest Justin Levy