(Episode Length: 24 minutes, 43 seconds)
- How to interact on Twitter: @karenrubin, @mvolpe and @PaulDunay with www.HubSpot.tv in your tweet.
- Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.hubspot.tv
Guest: Paul Dunay
Book Giveaway! Go to Facebook.com/FBMarketingForDummies!
- Global Managing Director of Services and Social Marketing for Avaya and author of Facebook Marketing for Dummies
- Blog: Buzz Marketing for Technology
from @KirstenPetra – When I fan someone, I don’t feel like I am
actually their friend and that I don’t actually get anything in return.
How can businesses use take advantage of fan pages to make me feel like
it actually matters?
- Question from @mergenchuluun – What is your top takeaway from writing Facebook Marketing for Dummies?
- Use Social Media to spot issues before they hit the Contact Center!
Facebook Cans the Spam King
- Facebook Continues to Can Spam
has been awarded $711 million in damages from Sanford Wallace, the
notorious “Spam King”. (Previously, MySpace has been awarded $234
- Marketing Takeaway: Don’t use spam; and keep spammers away from your customers.
Why Geocities Failed?
- We don’t want to built web sites, easy page makers or
not. Making new pages, figuring out where or how to add them to the
navigation – not cool.
- Audience. Once, a long time ago, family and friends we
proudly told about our site came to it. Then the incentive was gone and
they didn’t come anymore.
- In the end, all we wanted to do is:
Share some links to stuff we found cool (the “forwards”), Show our
photos (the “kids & cats”), Show our videos (without figuring out
codecs or embedding), Post status updates and comments (make
- Geocities Closed by @ruudhein
- Marketing Takeaway: Make things simple for your customers.
Are we measuring blog influence correctly?
- The Trouble with Blog Influence Statistics
not a big fan of statistics when it comes to blog readership. Not
because I’m not interested, but because I’m not convinced the average
person understands exactly what a blog is.”
- “A recent study
by Mediamark Research & Intelligence (pdf) found that 10.1 percent
of U.S. adults reported to having read a blog in the last 30 days. And,
if you think that number’s small, only 3.4 percent of adults actually
wrote a blog post in the same period.”
- If so few people are reading blogs, are they really that influential? Are we measuring the right stats? What about http://Blog.Grader.com?
- Marketing Takeaway: For your blog, measure links, comments, readers and especially leads and customers.
- On InboundMarketing.com From Kim Kolb: A customer of mine is a restaurant/bar. They
use social media extensively and have a twitter account and Facebook
fan page. They believe this is enough and they do not need a website.
Do you agree/disagree?
Marketing Tip of the Week: Start a Facebook Business Page to grow your business.
Video: How to Use Social Media for Lead Generation
|Learn how to use social media for lead generation.
Download the free video to leverage Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites to generate leads and customers.
Become a Fan on Facebook
Get inside info and advance notice of HubSpot’s free marketing webinars, ebooks and more. Click here –>
Become a Fan on Facebook
- HubSpot TV – Facebook Features and Email Fun with Guest Co-host @Ellieeille
- HubSpot TV – Vanity and Branding on Facebook with Special Guest Jeff Taylor
- HubSpot TV – Olympic Champions and Social Media with Guest @ColleenCoyne
- HubSpot TV – Social Media Royalty with Guest Leah Busque
- HubSpot TV – Fight Back with Special Guest @ErinWeed